ilk a submission-based publication so please please get in touch.
ilk is an open-call type of publication. It doesn’t matter if you have just started to take the occasional photograph or have been writting emotionally-melting poetry for decades. Content selection is based on authenticity and the story it holds. So please (please), if you have written something, drawn something, photgraphed something, or anythinged something and feel comfortable sharing it with others – we would love to hear from you.
A few things to bear in mind.
- ilk is printed on an old risograph with black ink. With that being said, try not to look at it like a hinderance, more of an opportunity to present your work in (potentially) a new way with some beautiful and natural imperfections.
- The publication is A5 in size.
- Ōtepoti Dunedin is luckily enough to be home to a wide range of people with a wide range of beliefs and feelings. So please be respectful to others.
- There is a plethora of beautiful and important content in Ōtepoti Dunedin, so if your work doesn’t feature in the next issue, it’s not a reflection of your works beauty, just a matter of timing and balance.
- If you want to chat about anything. Please don’t hesitate to get in touch.
Please include in your submission:
Who you are.
A wee get to know you would be greatly appreciated.
What you want to submit.
A preview (the real thing if it’s complete) of what you are submitting – illustration, photograph, poem, article, story etc and any necessary description.
Why you want to submit this.
It’s really helpful if we have an idea as to why you have created your piece(s) and why you feel it is important to share.